Sunday, February 7, 2010

DineLA ... God I love a Prix Fixe Menu!

As some of you may know the last 2 weeks in LA has been DineLa Week! Restaurants all over la created Prix Fixe Menus so that diners could come and experience what their restaurants are all about. It is an amazing chance to try some amazing restaurants that usually your bank account might not allow. Last Wednesday my roommate and I decided to treat ourselves to a night out for some amazing food.










After going through all the menus on the DineLa website we decided to make reservation at CEZANNE AT LE MERIGOT, A JW MARRIOTT BEACH HOTEL & SPA. The hotel its self is located right on the beach and is know for its amazing location. Cezanne is Known for it's French Californian Cusine. The Menu is as follows:



Dinner

Choice of Appetizers

Lobster Bisque with Cream, Brandy, Lobster Chunks

Baby Red and Green Romaine with Hazelnuts, Humbolt Fog Goat Cheese, Truffle Vinaigrette

Napoleon of Wild Mushrooms with Chardonnay-Mushroom Nage

Choice of Entrees

Pan Roasted Dungeness Crab Crusted Sea Scallop with Black Truffle Cauliflower Custard and a Foie Gras Hollandaise

Short Ribs of Beef Braised in Red Wine with Roasted Root Vegetables, Horseradish Cream

Herb Roasted Half Chicken with Whipped Potatoes, Pork Belly, Cipollini Onions, Baby Carrots, Rich Pan Sauce

Choice of Desserts

Chocolate Hazelnut Torte with Grand Marnier Chiboust

Banana Cream Pie with Oreo Cookie Crust and Toasted Almonds

Apple Galette with Caramel

Atmosphere

Casual, Elegant, Formal, Live Entertainment, Music, People Watching, Romantic

Amenities

Bar, Beer & Wine, Business Lunch, Event Menu, Full Bar, Hotel Dining, Prix-Fixe Menus, Wheelchair Access


What we drank:

We ordered wine to go with our entrees and then were lucky enough to get another glass comped for our starters.

Bonterra Organic, Chardonnay. Mendocino 2007

Clos Du Bois Special Selection, Cabernet Sauvignon. California 2008

What we ate:

We each ordered something different but ended up getting to try some of the best things on the menu




Starters










Lobster Bisque with Cream, Brandy, Lobster Chunks (me) - The soup was the perfect thing to get on a cold night. The bisque had a very strong tomato base I would have preferred more of a seafood flavor but because it was so tomato based I think those who aren't huge seafood fans would have like it. The brandy gave the dish a extremely nice finish and the lobster wasn't over done though I wish i could have had more of its flavor.


















Napoleon of Wild Mushrooms with Chardonnay-Mushroom Nage (roommate & me) -
Originally my roommate ordered this but after I tried hers I ordered one for myself. I love dishes where mushrooms are the main attraction and this didn't disappoint. The woodsy earthy taste of the mushrooms was brought out even more so with the use of the Chardonnay. Not too salty and not at all over cooked this was one of my favorites of the night.

Entrees


















Short Ribs of Beef Braised in Red Wine with Roasted Root Vegetables, Horseradish Cream
(roommate) - The meat was cooked well and the meat was falling apart. The Horseradish cream wasn't very strong so i wasn't very sure about why is was event there beside asthetics. But my roomates liked it and vegtables looksed extremly yummy
















Pan Roasted Dungeness Crab Crusted Sea Scallop with Black Truffle Cauliflower Custard and a Foie Gras Hollandaise
(me) - Besides having some of my favorite ingredients (foie gras & truffles) the first thing I thought when I saw this dish was lets put all our luxury ingredients in one dish and trust me eating it was pure luxury. The foie gras sauce was perfect not too salty and it went well with all parts of the dish. The scallops were cooked perfectly and the huge pieces of crab on top of them were divine. The big surprise was the Cauliflower Custard served in the middle. Usually I am not a fan of cauliflower but the custard was perfectly seasoned and the black truffels in it took i to a whole other level.

Desserts














Banana Cream Pie with Oreo Cookie Crust and Toasted Almonds (roomate) -
The banana cream pie looked amazing and was the main reason my roomie wanted to come. It was really good the bananas could have been a lil sweeter but otherwise a perfect finish















Apple Galette with Caramel (me) - The apple galette was very light but wasn't my favorite I've had a better one at Truxton's but the caramel and vanilla ice cream was enough for me after soo much good food.

Overall if you didn't take advantage of DineLa please please next time take advantage of the amazing deals and food!!


















So now I'm going to eat my Shrimp & Oyster Po'Boy, Hush Puppies, and File Gumbo w/Lousiana Blue crab from Uncle Darrow's in Marina Del Rey (amazing cajun food)!
GEAUX SAINTS!!!

. <3>
Nom Nom



No comments:

Post a Comment