Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Comfort food ... It's not what you think

Comfort food... food that makes you feel good, better than you felt before... it can be anything...
Maybe it's the food your mom makes, or a certain brand of ice cream... something about it makes it all ok! It stems back to why each of us loves food! Sometimes food actually helps us cope through emotional eating and sometimes it's how we show that things aren't ok by not eating. Everyone is different but we all have a vision of our favorite comfort food...

Soo this past weekend wasn't the best for me personal ups and downs made me want to crawl into bed and basically disappear. I'm one of those people who just doesn't eat when she is sad (very bad habit)... But luckily I had some fantastic foodie friends who made sure I was eating and in the process made me feel a zillion times better! Food and Friends! It doesn't get any better!

First up was the trusty Creme de la Crepe which I know I always talk about but its just soo good definitely my LA comfort food! This time we even tried something new!
We tried their Carbonara - panchetta, egg, pasta, cheese, and cream it was amazing!
Just Look:


Then I also was taken my my latin lover <3 Dinah's for some Fried Chicken and Fried Green Beans!




On Sunday afternoon I was swept out of my dark cloud to Silverlake to have coffee at INTELLIGENTSIA (other location in Venice)!

Intelligentsia's
mission is to provide their customers with a one of a kind, complete coffee and tea experience in an environment steeped in understanding, knowledge, skill, and service! The location in Silverlake is awesome for people watching, catching up with friends, and just plain getting something damn good to drink! For coffee lovers this is the place for you they know how to get the best flavor from the beans and you'll never get burnt coffee. One of the things they are known for it the pictures they create when they pour your foam, check out my Latte below (they mad me a heart!). And for you Tea people, intelligentsia has up to 15 exotic and traditional teas for you to try freshly steeped in your own personal teapot!

They also have some amazing baked goods. everything from overloaded cookies, black & whites cake, and croissants to shortbread. I indulged and got their Chocolate Cookies w/ Salted Caramel center - AMAZING...(we got one more)!





Overall one of those weekends I'm glad I made it through... But even more soo glad I have friends who help me keep moving and find a way to make me smile...even if it is with a chocolate caramel cookie ;)

<3
NomNom

No comments:

Post a Comment